Tax Accounting Manager
Tax Accounting Manager
Job ID: 4479
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
In this position the Tax Accounting Manager will manage the preparation of the quarterly and year-end GAAP financial statement tax provisions and related schedules, manage cash tax forecasts and perform advanced consultative and technical services requiring specialized knowledge in Federal, State & Local Taxes and tax accounting for Frontier Communications and subsidiaries. Incumbent will write tax accounting position papers, conduct tax authority research and write tax position memos, and provide other consultative and technical services as required.
- Manage the preparation of tax provisions under ASC 740, including preparation of the tax footnote disclosure
- Return to provision reconciliation
- Maintain FIN48 analysis
- Consult and advise on significant transactions and provide timely business support and analysis
- Assist with financial statement audits and tax audits
- Research tax accounting issues and prepare memos
- Draft ruling requests
- Research tax issues and provide recommendations
- Assist other corporate personnel with tax related matters
- Monitor Federal, State & Local tax developments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting and / or CPA
- 3-5 years of experience in big 4 public accounting firm or in the tax department of a publicly traded corporation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience in Excel and tax provision software such as Corptax
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.