Job ID: 5021
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Supplies Attendant (CT-130)
Department/Bureau Select: B
Residency Description: 16 Months
Salary Grade: ZD Min: $724.40 Max: $2495.42 Effective Date: 10/18/2020
Spec Date: 8/1/2005
Job Family: Purchasing & Logistics, Network Services
Location Information: Wallingford CT
I. General Duties:
Duties general include but are not limited to the following:
- Receives and prepares material and tools for delivery to field forces.
- Prepares and maintains records for material movement discrepancies and inquires.
- Maintains adequate stock in lockers and yards for Company forces. Orders material and equipment via dial-up databases and on-line systems. Distributes material to Company forces. Applies appropriate security routines and maintains orderliness to supply areas.
- Determines proper disposition of returned material and equipment
- Assists in unloading incoming shipments, verifies items and quantities, checks for damage, receipts and processes documentation.
- Sorts and selects packages and material to be staged for storage and distribution.
- Operates various types of power-driven material handling equipment, which may elevate to a height of 30 ft.
- Performs fueling, battery charging, basic user services on material handling equipment.
- Performs cleaning, repackaging and minor reconditioning work on recovered apparatus as required.
- Enters data and/or obtains information via a visual display terminal
- Manually maneuvers large materials such as cages, cable reels, etc.
- Loads Company vehicle with equipment and supplies.
- May be required to drive to and work in other Company locations.
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
Past Experience: None
- Further medical screening may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
(Applicable to all transfers)
- Satisfactory performance rating in present job.
- Satisfactory attendance record in present job.
- 40 hours per week. Must be able to work a day, evening, or night tours; overtime, emergency callouts, weekends, and holidays as as required.
- Company driving certificate required
- May be required to drive standard shift vehicles.
III. Additional Factors
Satisfactory job-related performance in the following:
1. Work Experience
- On-the-job instruction as required.
- Material handling equipment training/certification.
- Works in warehouse environment, standing, kneeling, stooping, crouching and walking a majority of the time.
- May be required to work outside.
- May be required to work in an environment that is not heated or air conditioned.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.