Sr. Solutions Engineer, U.S. Federal Government
Sr. Solutions Engineer, U.S. Federal Government
Washington, • Anywhere, CT
Job ID: 4901
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Sales Related Activities:
- Follows company sales methodology and processes.
- Comfortable with and very willing to participate in any customer-facing engagement
- Actively lead or assist in all opportunities as assigned by Solutions Engineering management.
- Develop and deliver effective convincing professional presentations at any level within an organization.
- Drive incremental revenue by developing and maintaining key technical and business relationships that best position Frontier capabilities and integrated value proposition.
- From a technical perspective, and in coordination with your sales counterpart, manage the communication and internal cooperation of Frontier resources in Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, and the company’s executive team to drive sales success.
- Maintain current knowledge of Frontier competitor’s offerings and be prepared to respond with differentiators (“value wedges”) for each opportunity.
- Properly and accurately prepare and present a “technical handoff” for the customer’s solution from the Sales area to its implementation/support teams.
- Discovery & Solution Design:
- Using a consultative selling approach, accurately identify customer business issues, determine customer desired outcomes, and design a technical solution that maximizes the use of Frontier products and services.
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external working relationship.
- Solid verbal and written skills (considered above average to excellent)
- Comfortably walk through a technical explanation verbally or on a whiteboard (e.g., not using PowerPoint)
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Frontier products and services, including any required internal or external certifications as defined by Solutions Engineering management.
- Maintain familiarity and adherence to all Frontier methods and procedures.
- Willing to actively mentor others in the organization.
- Administrative & General Expectations
- Complete all assigned product, services, policies, and other training as assigned by management.
- On-time completion of quarterly objectives (MBO’s) and reports that may be assigned by management
- Track time/activities as may be defined by Solutions Engineering management
- Adheres to the company’s expense control policy.
- Documents activities and other items in the company’s CRM system on time.
- Meets all assigned deadlines, especially as it pertains to deliverables to a prospect/customer.
- Must maintain a positive and constructive approach to all aspects of the role and interactions
- The ability to travel is a base job requirement and varies by region. Travel may average 50% or more depending on the region size and whether this is a regional/national role.
- All other job duties as assigned by management
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset
- At least two to three years of customer-facing experience, or equivalent, in the technology industry.
- Significant experience including a background in commercial telecommunications (especially SD-WAN, UCaaS, CCaaS, ethernet preferred.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners while representing suites of complex IT, IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions
- Ability to effectively analyze a customer/prospect’s business process, leveraging an understanding of end-to-end business models and sales
- Self-starter with experience leading medium to large deals.
- Tenacious work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity, and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
- Exhibited skill-set, capabilities, and hard-hitting determination to drive through actions in partnership with management/business unit partners
- Ability to effectively control an audience, including effective handling of audience objections.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role with a minimum educational requirement of a HS Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years supporting complex customer requirements assessment and solutions development
- A minimum of four years of technical services, pre-sales support experience selling to the U.S. Government.
- Ideally, at least two years of telecom managed hosting services (especially focused on disaster recovery), networking experience, or equivalent.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects are required.
- This role requires effective listening, written & verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills to all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record.
Technical Skills - Required:
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IPv4 and 6, etc.
- LAN, WAN (including SD-WAN) and security design
- Infrastructure: Network, non-circuit designs/wireless, VPN, load balancers, IDS/IPS, switches, routers, etc.
Technical skills – additional desired skills:
- Active certification in MEF/Ciena (Ethernet)
- Managed Hosting Services delivery, technologies, and concepts.
- Network security methods, appliances, and systems.
- Understanding/experience a commercial CRM system such as Salesforce, SAP, Siebel, SugarCRM, etc.
- Understanding/experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.