Sr. Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer
Job ID: 5291
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier is seeking a talented Sr Network Engineer in the Network Architecture Development Lab located in Lewisville, Texas. This team member primarily installs network lab equipment, maintains lab records, performs changes to lab test bed configurations and provides onsite support to lab stakeholders regarding the execution of test plans. In addition to the physical configuration of lab equipment this position is responsible for writing engineering projects to procure equipment in Infinium and for creating/maintaining LCAM equipment inventory records. The lab team provides support to lab stakeholders across the country which may require non-standard working hours. This position reports to the Sr. Manager – Technology Labs based in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
What you’ll do:
- Install, cable and power lab network hardware typically found in telecommunications networks; data center, central office, outside plant and customer premise.
- Write Infinium work orders as directed for the Network Architecture team. Maintain ownership of each project’s lifecycle in Frontier’s procurement system. Maintain financial tracking systems and produce reports.
- Create and maintain lab equipment asset records in Frontier’s Asset Management system (LCAM).
- Create and maintain lab process documents.
- Create and maintain end to end lab as-built records.
- Update and maintain lab inventory records.
- Facilitate the shipment and receiving of equipment in and out of the lab facility.
- Collaborate with local facilities team to assure compliance with all building and safety codes or regulations.
- Provide over site of daily lab operations and the activities of all onsite lab users while in the lab testing. Assist lab users that are not physically located in the lab for testing.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of telecommunications experience including 3 years in a central office or data center environment.
- Minimum education high school diploma; Associate (3-year degree) Computer Science or Electronic Technology – preferred; BS Electrical Engineering – a plus.
- Training in Basic Electronics; A/C power theory, DC power theory, Analog theory, Digital theory, fiber optics and wireless technologies. An electronics technical degree is preferred.
- Proficient use of telecommunications cabling tools and basic test instruments.
- Must be able to work aloft from a ladder.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office products. Frontier Infinium and LCAM experience preferred
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.