Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant
Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant
Job ID: 5631
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
About the role:
This position is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive approach and review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County, Townships).
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for releases.
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT’s.
- Respond to DOR’s as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS) system.
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
What you’ll need:
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 4 years of telecommunications experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange environment.
- Outside plant construction and project management experience and inventory management experience. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities.
- Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting with local, state and federal entities.
- Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following, FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS), Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor software.
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.