Sr Mgr, Product (Wholesale) Network Services
Sr Mgr, Product (Wholesale) Network Services
Company Wide • Tampa, FL • Thousandoaks, CA • Rochester, NY • Durham, NC • Everett, WA
Job ID: 4705
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Senior Manager, Product – Network Services
The Manager, Product, Senior is a technical and business leader, serving as the product owner for the Frontier Communications network services offering. Responsibilities span the entire product lifecycle from conception, to planning, to launch activities. The Manager, Product, Senior will gather and analyze market trends and customer requirements, perform competitive analysis, define strategy, author business plans, market requirement and product requirement documents, prioritize features and track progress. He/she will direct, design and implement a comprehensive product strategy, functioning as the product/business owner as the central resource with Marketing, Engineering, Operations and Finance as the products move from concept, design, development, launch through to end-of-life. Position reports to Senior Director Product Management.
- Responsible for comprehensive product lifecycle management and development of product portfolio strategies for network services product line in order to achieve sales and revenue targets. Define and articulate product vision, strategy and tactical plan for network services Portfolio.
- Build and manage strong working relationships across multiple departments including Product Development. Marketing, Sales, Sales Support, Operations, Customer Care, Engineering and Operations. To project manage the end to end development and launch of the products and services.
- Develop and maintain multi-year product roadmap and strategy for all Carrier Network Services
- Evangelize cross-functional solution development with other teams within the company.
- Direct those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products from product definition through production and release Ensures that products are released on time, to specification, on cost and meet or exceed quality goals.
- Working with technology vendors to understand their feature and architectural roadmaps
- Promote use of new technologies and response to industry-leading trends to drive product development
- Oversee product pricing strategy in conjunction with Finance team to optimize revenue and margins
- Develop, maintain and report on key performance indicators for product performance.
- Build business plans, budgets and forecasts for new and existing networking services
- Clearly and persuasively communicate product benefits to a varied set of audiences including internal teams, industry analysts and customers
- Collaborate with technology and marketing teams to develop and deliver technical and marketing product collateral, including brochures, case studies, presentations, webinars, website content and white papers.
- Represent the company at industry forums, events and associations
- Support all sales channels with product support, specialized training, competitive assessment and customer engagement
- Conduct comprehensive market analysis to understand competitive dynamics and trends for networking services and use this information to shape the product strategy
- Work with Marketing, Sales and other customer facing organizations in launching new offerings and driving sales of existing services.
- Internalizes and represents the Voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle. Coordinates across other functional areas to secure buy-in to deliver on the defined end-to-end customer experience.
- Performs competitive analysis and conducts market research. Maintains updated view of key competitive changes.
- Teams with product development to deliver high quality products on time.
- Participates in the strategic planning for enhancements to product content, pricing, packaging, and features. Participate in defining product business and functional requirements. Provides product support and documentation and develops product materials.
- Assists in budgeting and variance analysis of product’s unit and financial performance, with goal of identifying opportunities and risks.
- Drafts and manages requirements, and other supporting business documentation (such as use cases, possibly M&Ps [methods and procedures], executive summaries, etc.).
- Leads concepts defining an end-to-end customer experience and expected full lifecycle costs.
- Contributes to the product vision across team, and the organization.
- Conducts feasibility assessments, capability gap analysis (i.e., what is wanted vs. what is attainable).
- Manage change requests. Validates downstream deliverables and final offering (business acceptance testing).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, product development, technical marketing, network engineering or sales engineering, with a minimum of 3+ years direct experience with network services
- A master's degree such as an MBA is preferred but not essential.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Must have a deep knowledge of enterprise network services, including Ethernet, MPLS, IP, BGP, IPv6, CoS/QoS, managed security services
- Must have a solid understanding of data center and cloud computing marketplace including colocation, storage, virtualization, and public and private cloud services
- Demonstrated ability to manage a product line to drive product penetration and meet growth expectations.
- Proven product definition experience including writing detailed requirements documents
- Ability to communicate with industry analysts, media, and key influencers
- Strong financial/analytical skills required as well as development of business plans, budgeting, forecasting and product performance analytics.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The candidate must be a team player and able to influence cross-functional teams.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability to deadlines
- Preferred experience in ISP and/or telecommunications companies
- Ability to quickly understand technologies and architecture and translate them into customer value proposition
- Should possess in-depth marketplace knowledge of key industry players and competitors.
- He/she needs to be hands-on and fluent in the underlying technology and competitive positioning of the product in order to lead feature definition and guide the product roadmap.
- The candidate must understand enterprise networking market space and have a proven ability to both manage an existing product portfolio and drive new development requirements to execution and delivery.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.