Sr. Java-Node Developer
Sr. Java-Node Developer
Job ID: 4914
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
About this role:
Frontier uses Hansen’s Sigma CPQ, Catalog to support Ordering Platform applications (Call Center, eCommerce). This Role is to work on Sigma CPQ for enhancements, Performance improvements and supporting Call Center, ecommerce Applications.
We are looking for highly skilled programmers with experience building web applications in node.js. The Senior Java-Node Developer is responsible for analyzing user requirements and business objectives, determining application features and functionality and recommending changes to existing Java-based applications, among other duties. In addition, Developers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently.
This position will be based out of our Allen, TX office.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
- Build customer-facing UI and back-end services for payment processing administration and management
- Code, teste and operate node.js based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
- Work with key members of the management team to define and drive technical strategy
- Stay abreast of advancements in eCommerce technologies in order to determine relevance and possible impact to existing system
What you’ll need:
- BA in computer science or similar relevant field
- Comfortable working through the entire stack from user interface through systems levels
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- In depth knowledge of Node.js and JS concepts on callbacks and closures
- Experience with user interface design, database structures and statistical analyses
- Proven experience in building API services using NodeJS Express and related frameworks
- Knowledge of MongoDB and NoSQL – desired
- Additional programming skills either Java 1.8 or .Net – desired
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, currently, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.