Sr. Android Mobile Developer
Sr. Android Mobile Developer
Job ID: 7000
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Sr. Android Mobile Developer - Job Description
Frontier Communications is looking for a Sr Android Mobile Developer seeking to build intuitively designed applications using a wide range of mobile development modern technologies and practices. This role will act as the UI developer on the team. Focus will be predominantly on front end coding activities across Frontier’s mobile app landscape, and turning UX and visual design mockups into interactive mobile experiences that benefit Frontier’s customers and business.
Responsibilities include participation in the entire software development lifecycle from design to creation, ownership and sustained. You will be helping to create exciting and intuitive features in Frontier’s MyFrontier Mobile app to assist our customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilizes front end languages and frameworks such as Kotlin to create scalable, accessible, and reusable features to enhance and support the MyFrontier App’s User Experience.
- Collaborates closely with fellow developers supporting frontend and backend functionality.
- Review and provide feedback for user story requirements
- Work with UI/UX Designer to discuss and determine best UI implementation given any platform restrictions
- Audits and tests all user-facing code bases to identify and resolve bugs and ensure integrity
- Investigates, troubleshoots, debugs and implement fixes for app defects
- Communicates status effectively through Jira and daily standups
- Engages in pair development programming, code reviews and continued learning with other members of the team
- Continues to explore and discover “latest and greatest” mobile app best practices for continued sustainment of the Mobile App.
Required Skills and Experience:
New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation).
- Degree in Computer Sciences and 3+ years of experience or 7+ years of verifiable work experience in development.
- 3+ years’ experience with front end development using Kotlin
- 3+ years’ experience developing customer facing mobile applications.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience building Android frontend applications in Kotlin
- Experience in mobile UI / UX development
- Experience with mobile first responsive design patterns
- General knowledge on mobile application best development best practices
- Experience and belief in writing clean code using latest mobile patterns and practices Experience using Google Play release approval process
- Experience with build pipeline management and development
- Experience with UI repositories such as Zeplin.
- Experience developing using relational and non-relational databases
- Experience working across teams and disciplines such as QA, Project Management, Operations, Reporting, other development teams, etc.
- Experience in an agile environment, working in cross functioning teams, writing and estimating stories and tasks, and delivering solutions iteratively.
- Experience delivering high quality code in an enterprise organization.
- Experience with cloud deployed environments
Impact and Influence:
- Strong problem-solving ability with desire to always be learning
- Desire to work in a fast-paced development environment developing innovative and exciting features.
- Team player: willingness to pair program, strong collaboration within the team as well as with external groups including other development teams, operations, QA, database, and business partners
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic; comfortable in entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and geographically dispersed environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Highly accountable, ethical and dependable to do what is needed in fulfilling job role responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for continued learning and bringing new technologies, design patterns and professional practices to a team
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.