Solutions Engineer Manager
Solutions Engineer Manager
Job ID: 4902
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Sales Related Activities:
- Follows company sales methodology and processes.
- Comfortable with and very willing to participate in any customer-facing engagement
- Actively manage all opportunities within their assigned region or where asked by senior SE management.
- Develop and deliver effective convincing professional presentations at any level within an organization.
- Drive incremental revenue by developing and maintaining key technical and business relationships that best position Frontier capabilities and integrated value proposition.
- From a technical perspective, and in coordination with your sales counterpart, manage the communication and internal cooperation of Frontier resources in Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, and the company’s executive team to drive sales success.
- Maintain current knowledge of Frontier competitor’s offerings and be prepared to respond with differentiators (“value wedges”) for each opportunity.
- Manage the technical hand off from the sales activity to the company’s implementation/support teams.
- Ensure that they and their team will keep all opportunity information current in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Proactively alerts senior Solutions Engineering management to deals that appear to be excessively stalled or going in the wrong direction.
- Coordinates technical resources as needed with their SE & sales management counterparts.
- Work jointly with the sales organization to create a territory plan utilizing SE feedback and adding own knowledge of local market demand.
- Discovery & Solution Design:
- Actively learn and coach their SE team to use a consultative selling approach by accurately identifying customer business issues, determining customer desired outcomes and assisting in the design of a technical solution that maximizes the use of Frontier products and services.
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external working relationship.
- Solid verbal and written skills (considered above average to excellent)
- Comfortably walk through a technical explanation verbally or on a whiteboard (e.g. not using PowerPoint)
- Possesses the ability to convey the benefits of complex Managed Services and advanced Networking concepts to non-technical C-level customers
- Actively assist in developing, delivering and participating in any product and services training, including any that may require internal or external certification as assigned by management.
- Maintain familiarity and adherence to all Frontier methods and procedures for themselves and their team.
- Will actively mentor others in the organization. Each manager must identify and groom an individual on their team using the “second lieutenant program” as defined by SE management.
- Administrative & General Expectations
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management.
- On time completion of quarterly objectives (MBO’s) and reports that may be assigned by management
- Track time/activities as may be defined by Solutions Engineering management
- Ensures that the team and themselves are fully accountable to adhere to the company’s expense policies.
- Meets all assigned deadlines especially as it pertains to deliverables to a prospect/customer.
- Must maintain a positive and constructive approach to all aspects of the role and interactions
- Ability to travel is a base job requirement and varies by region. Travel may average 50% or more depending on the region size and whether this is a regional/national role
- Must actively recruit, onboard, and maintain staffing of all budgeted positions in their area.
- Responsible for assessing the skillset of their team, identifying need areas and working with each team member to ensure their skills are kept at or above expectations.
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key contributions and positively impact employee morale.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- All other job duties as assigned by management
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset
- At least five to eight years of customer facing experience, or equivalent, in the technology industry.
- Significant experience including a background in commercial telecommunications (especially SD-WAN, Cloud (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS) etc. preferred.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT, IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions
- Ability to effectively coach & analyze a customer/prospect’s business process, leveraging an understanding of end-to-end business models and sales
- Self-starter with the experience to lead teams that can handle every size opportunity.
- Tenacious work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
- Exhibited skill-set, capabilities, and hard-hitting determination to drive through actions in partnership with management/business unit partners
- Ability to effectively control an audience including effective handling of audience objections.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of five to eight years supporting complex customer requirements assessment and solutions development
- A minimum of five years of technical services, pre-sales management support experience or equivalent.
- Ideally at least two years of telecom, managed hosting services (especially focused on disaster recovery), networking experience, or equivalent.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects is required
- This role requires effective listening, written & verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills to all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record.
Technical skills - Required:
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IPv4 and 6, etc.
- LAN, WAN (including SD-WAN) and security design
- Understanding of components (CPE/network hardware/software) needed to enable products and solutions
- Experience in VOIP networks, including Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and centralized voice.
- Active certification in Google, AWS or Azure Cloud services is desired
- Active certification by MEF or Ciena (ethernet) is desired
- Disaster Recovery in the Cloud is desirable
- Solid working knowledge of cloud-based disaster recovery strategies and methodologies is preferred.
- Managed Hosting Services delivery, technologies and concepts.
- Network security methods, appliances and systems.
- MEF Certification and/or an in depth understanding of Carrier Ethernet Technology. EPL, EVPL, EP-LAN
- Understanding / experience with a commercial CRM system such as Salesforce, SAP, Siebel, SugarCRM etc.
- Understanding / experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.