Senior Vice President, Premise Field Services
Senior Vice President, Premise Field Services
Los Angeles, CA • Dallas - Fort Worth, TX
Job ID: 6620
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
West Region- Senior Vice President, Premise Field Services
Frontier’s leadership team brings life to our Leadership Model focusing on Operations Proficiency, Employee Relations, Community Relations, Competition, and Customer Ownership. From fostering innovation and working cross-functionally to driving performance and delivering results through customer contact and community involvement, the Frontier leadership model allows us to exceed our market growth targets and deliver 100% employee and customer satisfaction.
- This Senior Vice President, Premise Field Services position is charged with leading the West Region Operations Team. This position will ensure continued delivery of premiere service while driving the introduction and refinement of high-quality communication products and solutions to business customers.
- The successful candidate will be results-driven; a trust builder; an effective communicator in front of a variety of audiences, including Senior Leadership. He/She needs to be an innovator and problem solver; along with developed negotiation skills; and a builder of business partnerships.
- This position has direct accountability and leads all Field Operations within the West Region of responsibility to include installation/repair; plant maintenance, central office; and regional network development. In addition, this position will also act as support and assist other organizations such as Business Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Generation via various channels and may be asked to participate in capital planning and asset projects.
- This position will work with leaders of the other regions and corporate staff to minimize the impact of competitive incursion. The individual will need to develop objectives, strategies, and tactics surrounding customer retention, customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty. The successful candidate will know how to successfully drive change through an established, unionized workforce to create a customer-focused, competitive workforce.
- This position is responsible for operational expense budgeting and management, as well as influencing capital budgeting and management. This individual will maintain and enhance revenue streams and process improvement. This position is responsible for all other areas directly related to providing “first-in-class” communication services in the West Region.
- Other areas of responsibility include building a positive image and representing the company to the community, building relationships with the local unions, and leading the West Region to a common and focused set of goals aligned with corporate and regional objectives.
- Has a strong understanding of the telecommunications business
- Able to articulate business/departmental KPI’s to workgroups (i.e., can clearly set goals/objectives to positively impact the budget)
- Holds team accountable to achieving results through coaching and performance management
- Promotes new/existing products as required
- Ensures all customers’ requirements and needs are met
- Collaborate with other Regions and Corporate staff and provide feedback to improve on processes to be more responsive to customers
- Develops and executes operational strategies to deliver results
- Responsibilities associated with the installation and maintenance of network elements within a center environment or in the field and at the customer site.
- Provides operations support to multiple areas including installation and maintenance, customer operations, and methods & procedures.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Mastery of skills required for a functional area and general knowledge of other areas; demands conceptual, planning, financial, and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively lead a function or sub-function.
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to staff to ensure employee development, engagement, and business knowledge.
- Leverages all employee communication vehicles and opportunities (weekly/monthly/quarterly/one-on-ones) to obtain feedback on departmental goals, gains input on action plans and modifies direction as necessary, and to engage and hold employees accountable to overall business operations and results
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key contributions and positively impact employee morale
- Partners with Human Resources and Labor Relations to ensure consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues)
- Response to issues identified on Employee Survey’s works with teams to ensure continual action planning against issues throughout the year and ensures follow-up to employees on issue resolution identified in action plans
- Positively represents Frontier Communications and communicates our corporate vision and direction through active engagement and involvement in the community
- Leverages community relationships to retain existing business and identify future business opportunities
- Ensures continuous education and awareness of community issues/developments
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with key politicians and local community decisions makers via community involvement
- Has a thorough understanding of the regional competition (products, promotions, business/sales, and marketing strategies) via media outlets, community involvement, and infiltration
- Partners with regional marketing to act as the “eyes” and “ears” of the local market to ensure an appropriate competitive response
- Engages in marketing initiatives to promote the Company’s products and services (i.e., TTL and marketing events)
- Supports employees that directly interface with the customers by removing barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions, and streamlining the work
- Holds employees and other departments accountable to meet customer needs/demands. (Does not take “no” for an answer)
- Response to issues identified on Customer Surveys works with teams to ensure action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution identified in action plans
- 7 - 10+ years operational experience with progressive managerial responsibilities within a communications company
- Proven success in managing all aspects of a business operation or market with direct/indirect P&L accountability and strong strategic orientation
- Demonstrated excellence in coaching and development of people
- Demonstrated leadership through superior interpersonal skills including mentoring, communicating, collaborating, and team building
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal and able to communicate with all levels of the organization and different audiences – field techs, direct reports, senior management, customers, politicians
- Advanced training and proven expertise in process improvement and project management
- Ability to set objectives, determine appropriate strategies and necessary tactics to drive success
- Vendor Management/Collaboration experience desired
- Experience developing, negotiating, executing, and/or managing contracts
- Sales and revenue generation experience
- Community Involvement
- Public presentation skills
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency; Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Education, certification, and/or license requirements:
- In business or equivalent experience is required
- Certification in Project Management and/or Process Improvement is preferred
Environmental Factors/Physical Requirements:
- Must be available in emergency situations as needed
- Use computer keyboard and monitor
- Travel is required at times and may require driving for long periods of time to remote locations
- Sit for long periods of time
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.