Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
Job ID: 4520
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for delivering world class Wi-Fi and customer-facing network solutions from product and service creation throughout the product lifecycle. This individual reports to the Director of CPE and Value-Add Services and will work closely with Residential and Small Business Broadband, Video, Voice, Value Added Services and CPE Product Managers. They will also work closely with Service Delivery, Marketing, IT, Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, Field Operations and other cross-functional teams who manage wide scale implementation and support.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for working with Marketing Strategy, Go to Market, Pricing and New Product Development teams to create business cases, product budgets and forecasts delivering solutions that deliver optimal revenue, unit and margin performance. Addition responsibilities include strategic and tactical planning, pricing, offer creation support and promotion of products internally and externally across all segments. This includes analyzing customer, industry and competitive trends to ensure that Frontier is planning for and incorporating critical technologies, processes and partnerships that deliver measurable value to our customers.
Own Wi-Fi and home/small business networking initiatives to ensure products and enhancements are designed, developed, implemented and managed effectively.
- Oversee Wi-Fi and premise network product and service responsibilities including the development of our product roadmaps that extends up to 5 years into the future
- Monitor and assess impact of market, technology, product and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning, portfolio plans and related activities
- Assist in creation of budgets and forecasts while also ensuring product metrics and KPI’s are achieved (unit, revenue, margin, etc.). Identify opportunities and drive performance
- Drive business case development for initiatives under your leadership and be able to articulate the business benefits
- Work closely with engineering, IT, marketing, sales, support, legal, executive management and external partners to deliver optimal products and services
- Understand and interpret financial and business statements
- Own and lead key initiatives that may cross multiple products to ensure initiatives meet goals and strategies
- Define product specifications and user experience, establish milestones and priorities, and work with technical project management to shepherd the development, implementation and launch of all products & initiatives within Frontier and interfacing with co-development partners
- Understand ordering, provisioning and billing systems and their importance to product and service design
- Have a strong grasp of Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, Zigbee, and Bluetooth and their associated market trends
- Familiarity with CPE equipment industrial design, product conception and design considerations including chipsets
- Serve as relationship manager and key individual in partner and supplier relationships
- Analytically and empirically evaluate products and suppliers through research, demos, and assess market capabilities to optimize Frontier’s product portfolio
- Serve as central point of negotiations in structuring and establishing legal and business agreements
- Reflect the impact of national and international standard and regulations as they pertain to the Frontier products in the portfolio
- Leverage voice of the customer to make product improvements in partnership with channel partners and sales
- Use primary and secondary research to identify key consumer needs, define target segments, and determine product feature enhancement and direction
- Conduct competitive analysis responsible for overseeing and owning all product related communication across the business
- Manage other opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
- 10+ years of Telecommunications and Product Management, Technical Marketing or Operational experience
- Experience in developing product roadmaps, offers, business cases, project management and accountability for delivering against business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or related post-graduate degree preferred.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of customer needs, product functionality and Frontier’s capabilities to deliver optimized end-to-end product management
- Quick learner with a strong work ethic and decision-making prowess.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based upon market needs, competitive situations and best ROI (return on investment).
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven with a passion for delivering the optimal customer experience while making the best use of Frontier’s technology.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships and lead cross-functional and cross-organizational teams
- Must have strong analytical, reporting and organizational skills.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams & Outlook.
Ability to travel up to 10-15% as needed.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.