Senior Marketing Manager - Video
Senior Marketing Manager - Video
Job ID: 4587
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Sr. Video Product Manager will execute on video product management and development programs as well as overall relationship management for the company. Responsibilities include full Profit and Loss accountability, presenting competitive packaging and promotions, and delivering products the exceed customer expectations. This role supports all product communication, training, and collateral for Frontier’s Customer Contact Centers, Alternate Channel Partners, Retail Stores, Frontier.com website and marketing teams, including digital and social media in support of the residential, business and wholesale markets. The individual assigned to this role is responsible for product strategy and portfolio planning including forecasting, product development and deployment, working very closely with cross-functional teams who manage wide scale implementation. Addressing the customer experience is critical to the success of this role.
Critical requirements for success include:
- Sales forecasting and performance reporting of revenue and unit sales results
- Meet target revenue objectives by building working relationships with Regional Sales, Corporate Marketing, Customer Contact Centers, and Alternate Channel
- Deliver operational excellence through partnerships with IT, engineering, finance and other corporate departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of core product management principles, including pricing, packaging, promotion
- Sales forecasting and tracking of actual performance to budget
- Manage full range of sales channels (Contact Centers, Alternate Channels, Retail Stores, digital, etc), including the following (as applicable within the channel): new hire and ongoing training curriculum development and delivery, sales incentive planning, retail store presence
- Business owner for all IT enhancements and processes
- New channel development and support (vendors and web)
- Work with national/regional marketing on acquisition and retention campaign development and execution; review all bundle campaign creative
- Responsible for reviewing accuracy of key metrics: churn, billing accepted and rejected, bad debt, performance incentives paid, subscriber counts
- Develop product strategy, product portfolio planning and product positioning strategy for assigned video products.
- Monitor and assess impact of market, technology, product and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning, and portfolio plans
- Manage product P&L’s with special focus on improving product margins through revenue/pricing changes and COGS management
- Monitor end user feedback through regular interaction with end users, channel partners and sales personnel.
- Own and drive the definition of product specifications and user experience, establish milestones and priorities, and work with technical project management to shepherd the development, implementation and launch of all new products & features.
- Conduct competitive analysis responsible for overseeing and owning all product related communication across the business
- Monitor the competitive landscape with the marketing teams and position Frontier’s products and features accordingly
- Identify and analyze a variety of KPIs as well as user experience feedback and other applicable learnings to measure product performance
- Communicate product strategy status and all product issues to key stakeholders across the Frontier organization
- Work with engineering, design, marketing, business intelligence, management and external partners on a daily basis.
- Manage other opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for working with marketing and sales channels, as well as other departments and vendors, in a goal-oriented, non-political manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to and lead, change, and coach others in the acceptance and support of change.
- Provide ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions
- Strong Product management and development experience
- Understanding about customer needs, product functionality, differentiation to ensure optimized end-to-end product development
- Ability to prioritize based upon Market needs, competitive situations, best return on investment
- Video (Cable, IPTV and/or DBS) knowledge and product experience is strongly preferable
- Marketing knowledge and experience highly desirable
- Telecommunications knowledge and product experience is desirable
- Proven record of excelling in highly competitive environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience in working collaboratively with other cross functional team members
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills and a record of sound business acumen
- Ability to travel 25% or more of the time to Frontier markets
4 Year degree and 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar role
MBA degree desirable but not required
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.