Senior IT Solutions Architect
Senior IT Solutions Architect
Allen, TX • Cedar Rapids, IA
Job ID: 6591
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Senior IT Solutions Architect – Job Description
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented and passionate Senior IT Solutions Architect to help drive the company’s transformation to a leading digital provider of fiber internet services. This talented individual will help drive this transformation as a key member of the Business Support Systems Solution Architecture team. The role will have the opportunity to help define the vision of turning Frontier into a 100% uptime, consumer-oriented company by helping guide system direction and solutions that fulfill those goals.
This architect will be responsible for project architectural design and should have a passion for sharing and helping the development teams to implement industry best practices and design patterns such as SOA, MVC, TDD, etc. The position will require extensive expertise and experience in front-end, middle-tier, and backend development working with multiple technologies from Microsoft, Oracle and IBM.
To be considered for this position, you require the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience designing and implementing large solution architectures from vision to post implementation
- Experience implementing consistent design principles at all application layers such as client, BLL, service stack, and backend
- Experience implementing Test Driven Development for large scale enterprise web applications
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL and IBM DB2 databases
- 5+ years of experience with SQL databases, including T-SQL and creation/use of stored procedures and triggers
- Database Engineer experience as well as creating normalized data models using tools such as Erwin or Infosphere Data Architect
- 5+ years of recent experience with the object-oriented programming languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Strong Object Oriented Architecture/Design skills with a passion for helping others to adopt the principles
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise applications using most or all of the following: ASP.Net, Java, C#, Node.js, Open API Specification v3, XML, JSON & REST Web Services
- Experience using an IDE such as Eclipse, or Team Foundation Server
- Understanding of UML
- Familiarity with tools and methodologies supporting application design and development including unit testing, database versioning and change control, code reviews, scrum
- Strong communication both verbal and written, excellent organizational skills, proven experience in collaboration with teams to achieve end result
- Ability to work in fast-paced Agile environment to deliver requirements on specified dates
- Work very well independently, with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure
Other Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience with IBM i system preferred
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB preferred
- Experience with enterprise caching using tools such as Redis preferred
- Experience creating and presenting training documentation that can be used to grow development team skills
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help define and evangelize the BSS system roadmap that can then be used as a guide for project development work
- Create solution architecture designs and documentation, to help drive the successful implementation of projects that helps further the system vision. Documentation would include architecture details, UML sequence diagrams, process flow diagrams, data models, open api specifications, performance expectations, etc.
- Be a strong advocate for development teams, helping to drive the defined solution architectures to completion and assisting in finding solutions as unknown requirements are found
- Interact with Business Analysts and the user community during the development process to solicit feedback and ensure the best product can be delivered
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or user feedback and define and help implement solutions
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Provides direction to Executive Product Owner, Group Manager, Project Manager, Lead Developers, Developers, and QA Testers. Responsible for overall design, architecture, stability, and performance of the web application
Work Environment / Considerations
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Work requires extensive work using a computer.
Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.