Senior IT Development Specialist
Senior IT Development Specialist
Remote, • Rochester, NY
Job ID: 6380
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Evaluate, plan, manage, track, and provide status on system maintenance, enhancement, and support activities at a task level.
- Create and maintain physical database data models required for the enterprise data warehouse.
- Create and maintain database objects including: tables, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, SQL scripts, views, etc.
- Design, develop, test and support Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes necessary to load and validate the data warehouse. Informatica experience is required.
- Define, document and execute test cases to effectively validate the new components of the database
- Develop and follow standards for the data warehouse. Engage in peer reviews of design and code.
- Complete mandatory application documentation, as specified by project.
- Provide support for applications developed and be able to resolve problems encountered.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response based on business needs.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers as required.
- Act as intermediary between user community and technical support teams.
- Manage change via an established change management process.
- Mentor other personnel and provide knowledge transfer to others on team
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Technical Knowledge and Skills related to SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2016 database platforms / environments
- Experience in database design and data migration
- Strong Database Development using SQL Scripting, Stored Procedures, Triggers
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of information processing principles and practices
- 10+ years database related experience
- 3+ years architecting n-tier applications.
- 3+ years working with Microsoft web stack.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization
- Extensive experience of backup, restore and recovery procedures.
- Highly desirable experience in NOSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) and Big Data (ELK)
- 'Very strong' analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with high performing teams
- Experience working with Change Management processes and tools
- Strong Interpersonal Communication and Language Skills
- Experience tracking and reporting relevant metrics
- Experience with configuring DBs for Active and Passive environments
- University degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office toolset
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.