Senior IT Development Specialist
Senior IT Development Specialist
Remote, • Everett, WA
Job ID: 6379
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented Developer who can deliver high-performance and intuitively designed applications using a wide range of modern technologies and practices with a focus on Sitecore CMS
The Senior Developer’s responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle to design and create the next generation of internal and external web and mobile applications to provide information and functionality to our customers via our public facing application.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requirements analysis: review non-technical user stories with the stakeholders.
- System Architecture: participate in technical design of new and updated functionality with our team, other Frontier teams, as well as external companies.
- Feature development: developing functionality across the full stack including database, services, system integration, and UI.
- Sitecore development and management: Oversight of the development teams utilizing our Sitecore CMS along with development and management of the Sitecore instances.
- Maintenance: investigate, troubleshoot, debug and implement fixes for software defects
- Testing: work closely with Quality Assurance and software development engineers to ensure that code is exercised in an automated way that ensures consistent quality.
- Dev ops functions: working with the operations team to support our deployment process.
- Documentation: support the sustainability of the systems by providing concise documentation about the applications and process.
- Mentoring: provide code reviews, training, and paired programming to other members of the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience or 7+ years of experience
- Must be a self-starter, needing little direction and capable of working in a fast-paced development environment
- Sitecore Development: 7+ years’ experience developing in a Sitecore CMS (most recent version preferred).
- Sitecore Management: Hands-on experience managing a Sitecore CMS instances and supporting a team of developers updating the instances.
- Microsoft technologies: .net Framework, .net Core, C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web API, Entity Framework.
- Database technologies: experience building and querying Microsoft SQL and no-sql databases (specifically Mongo and Cassandra).
- Testing and/or automation frameworks: like nUnit, XUnit, Selenium, Jasmine, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- UX and mobile first responsive design.
- Strong experience and belief in writing clean code using current patterns and practices.
- Experience in an agile and scrum environment, working in cross functioning teams and writing and estimating user stories.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Team player: willingness to pair programming, strong collaboration within the team as well as with external groups including other development teams, operations, QA, database teams, and business groups.
- Accountable and dependable to do what is needed to complete tasks, stories and sprints with a high level of quality and on time.
- Experience with a continuous integration environment
- Experience with git as a source control system
Impact and Influence
- Great problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for learning and bringing new technologies and practices to a team
- Experience delivering high quality code through the product lifecycle in large company
- Enjoy driving continuous improvement through change in a complex environment
- Knowledge and experience designing across client/server and distributed computation
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an independent contributor on the assigned team, striving to reach highest standards of software engineering every day
- Demonstrable software architecture and strong software design skills
- Experience building and supporting high volume applications
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.