Senior IT Development Specialist
Senior IT Development Specialist
Everett, WA • Allen, TX
Job ID: 5017
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Sr. IT Software Developer – MEAN/MERN Stack
Frontier Communications is looking for a senior MEAN stack developer seeking to build intuitively designed applications using a wide range of modern technologies and practices.
Responsibilities include participation in the entire software development lifecycle from design to creation, ownership, and sustained tier-3 support. You will be helping to create the next generation of internal and external web and mobile applications to provision, manage, and deliver services to our subscribers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requirements analysis: Review and provide consulting for user story requirements with our internal partners
- System Architecture: Collaborate in the technical design of new and updated functionality with various internal teams and vendors
- Feature development: Develop new features across the full stack to include database, services, API integration, and front-end UI
- Maintenance: Help to investigate, troubleshoot, debug and implement fixes for software defects
- Support: Occasional rotation of software deployments and on-call response relating to critical tier-3 escalations
- Testing: Work closely with System Test Teams and UAT to ensure product quality
- Dev ops functions: Interact with Operations to support our deployment process and build automation
- Documentation: Provide regular technical documentation for new features and functions
- Peer development: Engage in pair development programming, code reviews, and continued learning with other members of the team
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or a combination of verifiable work experience and certifications in development.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to build complete end-to-end solutions from the ground-up during a technical interview
- 3+ years’ experience with front end development using Angular, Angular.js, or React
- 3+ years’ experience building application APIs with node.js
- 3+ years’ experience developing using relational and non-relational databases.
Exposure to a mix of the following technologies:
- Database technologies: MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL, Redis
- Testing and/or automation frameworks: Selenium, Jasmine, Karma, etc
- Code maintenance: Experience with Git, TFS, or similar source control system
- Build system: Jenkins, TFS
Experience and Personal Traits:
- Strong problem-solving ability with a desire to always be learning
- Team player: willingness to pair program, strong collaboration within the team as well as with external groups including other development teams, operations, QA, database, and business partners
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Understand Agile and scrum methodologies
- Highly accountable, ethical, and dependable to do what is needed in fulfilling job role responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for continued learning and bringing new technologies, design patterns, and professional practices to a team
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.