Remote, • Company Wide
Job ID: 5399
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of successful Scrum adoption
- Change Agent Champion from the Organization layer down to the Team layer, always coaching best practices
- Knowledge of modern development practices – TDD, BDD, ATDD, Pair Programming, Swarming, Continuous integration, Delivery Pipeline etc.
- Experience of changing organizational\team\department mind-sets, culture, and structure
- Experience of coaching cross-functional teams into high performing teams
- Understanding and experience of applying empirical process control
- Deep understanding of the Agile Manifesto, Scrum Framework, values and principles
- Experience and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Manage and maintain team-level dashboards/metrics reporting to track the performance of their team(s) for complete transparency to the organization
Who You Are:
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software product development
- You excel at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams and leaders towards rapidly delivering high impact, high-quality software in a sustainable fashion
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics, and coaching, and can help teams develop trust and safety
- You have understanding and experience with a variety of Agile approaches, including Extreme Programming, Scrum, and Kanban, Design Thinking, etc.
- You can adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs
- You are not afraid to raise issues and inspire change and continuous improvement
- You care about learning new things and improving upon existing challenges
- You are comfortable with and can help guide others to deal with situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
3+ years of relevant work experience with consumer-facing digital products including:
- Strong servant leadership skills, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, mentoring, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience with the large-scale development environment.
3+ years of experience using Agile best practices, i.e., burn-down charts, retrospective formats, defect management, user stories, ATDD, TDD, CI/CD, automated testing, etc.
1+ years experience with other Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, FDD, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
1+ years’ experience using project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence/SharePoint, etc.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.