Chicago, IL • Fort Wayne, IN • Irving, TX • New York City, NY • Dallas - Fort Worth, TX • Remote,
Job ID: 6603
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Proposal Specialist reports to the Proposal Manager and is responsible for growing the RFP business, i.e. the proposal or request for proposal business. The Proposal Specialist will ensure each RFP will strategically position Frontier’s response as best in class, articulating how our solutions will impact the customer’s business challenges. The Proposal Specialist will ensure our “sales presentation in a package” stands out from our competitions’ as an easy to read and understand deliverable. It will speak their language and succinctly and articulately describe our recommendation and answers to the questions. The Proposal Specialist is the project manager of all things related to the proposal. They facilitate the kickoff calls, facilitate the strategy design, theme, assign and chase tasks. Once a draft is completed, the proposal is handed off to the Content Developer to review, edit and rewrite for one voice throughout in our customer’s language. The Proposal Specialist will have a “how can I serve you?” energy and be a team player. The Proposal Specialist ensures the growth of the RFP business in line with company sales goals and established position metrics.
- Facilitate the proposal kickoff and strategy meetings with the sales rep, leader, solution engineer and other key contributors
- Facilitate strategizing on a clear strategy (based on customer & competitive analysis)
- Project manage the proposal project working closely with the sales rep who 'owns' the opportunity and all key contributors
- Produce & manage the proposal project plan (including risk analysis & contingency planning), ensuring that all necessary activities are completed on time
- Facilitate project to ensure appropriate steps are taken to maximize the chances of success
- Build the proposal team - identify & brief those who need to be involved and ensure they stay focused and motivated
- Coach and chase content contributors as required - managing content quality reviews
- Review and critique content as it is produced by the contributors
- Ensure that all relevant processes are followed as required (e.g., qualification, approvals, leadership engagement, signatures, notaries, seals, mandatory meetings, bonds…)
- Lead proposal learning reviews with objective facilitation and develop clear action plans
- Once a proposal has been submitted, identify new content that may be re-usable
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years’ experience of successful RFP, Proposal Management or Project Management Role
- Ideally, holding or in process of obtaining at least Foundation Level APMP or similar accreditation
- Outstanding proposal writing skills – able to turn ‘raw information’ provided by sales staff and knowledge experts into superbly-articulated proposal content.
- Good business acumen, and high-level understanding of the market and key issues. Good customer empathy
- Excellent at establishing 1:1 working relationships and credibility with senior leaders – able to ‘critique’ and improve their draft proposal content, without creating any negative feeling
- Able to chase proposal contributors for content, and press them into action if required
- Highly organized – must know what content needs to be written, when, who it’s due in from, etc.
- Enthusiasm for working in an intensive, deadline-driven and high-profile role
- Able to work effectively on multiple, concurrent projects
- Demonstrates exceptional follow-through, personal drive and the desire to make a positive contribution
- Judgment with ability to formulate opinions, compare and decide with good sense
- Organized state of mind with ability to document activities, anticipate problems, plan schedules and monitor performance according to priorities and deadlines
This position can be remote! #LI-Remote
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.