Project Specialist FTTH
Project Specialist FTTH
Job ID: 5380
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
This position supports the deployment of the Fiber to the Home program and drives related projects and initiatives. The Project Specialist ensures all critical tasks are carried out within specifications and schedule; coordinates interdepartmental functions; meets with program team members on a regular basis to review project status and to plan future actions.
- Manage the centralized repository to house all appropriate FTTH program data (schedules, work break-down, results, etc).
- Manage assigned projects utilizing established project management processes, including creation of project milestones and an overall schedule; determine scheduling requirements and constraint; identify and drive major project milestones and project requirements into the FTR cross-functional teams; establish scheduling baseline; manage schedule changes; and report on project progress against baseline.
- Manage deviations from any project plan; mediate conflicts by creating viable solutions; identify and incorporate changes that are necessary to the plan; direct project related requests to the appropriate entity for resolution.
- Facilitate conference calls and meetings with various levels of leadership and multiple work groups.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4+ years of telephony experience (with focus on Ethernet preferred)
- Extensive knowledge in data gathering and reporting. Ability to interpret and present large volumes of data in easy to follow formats for users
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of how different departments interrelate from project inception, through engineering and builds and finally to order completion.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assigned functions in order to meet strict deadlines
- Must have outstanding communication/customer service skills
- Ability to work with various levels of leadership
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- Ability to understand design/engineering layouts & terminology
- Knowledge of M6 and Varasset
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.