Job ID: 4248
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Under the direct supervision of the General Counsel, the corporate paralegal provides day-to-day support to include reviewing, preparing and assemble correspondence, documents (Word and Excel) and information related to a wide range of legal matters, including litigation, corporate organization, real estate and sales and with regard to administrative matters: project intake and triage, research, scheduling, filing, and management of Legal Department matters. Review, track and process payments to outside counsel and other vendors and maintain database tracking expenses. Review subpoenas, complaints and route accordingly. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize workload. Pro-activity is a must.
Additional responsibilities include (from time to time and depending on the project, issues and / or other members of the organization involvement in the project):
- Proactively support the Legal department with special projects, high-level meetings (both internal/external) and preparation of meeting materials.
- Conduct outreach and follow-up with internal and external persons, law firms and Frontier customers (daily and with shifting priorities responding to needs of organization).
- Provide general administrative support, to include meeting scheduling and preparation of calendar and expense reports and corporate credit card reconciliation.
- Perform legal and factual research as needed.
- Provide litigation support, monitor case status with outside counsel; maintain litigation database of open and closed cases.
- Minimum 2-year degree, paralegal training certificate not required
- 3 + years of experience in a corporate setting, concentrating in business and/or legal issues
- Highly proficient in MS Office (i.e., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, flexible and focused on completing tasks under pressure with minimal supervision
- Team player willing to support other members of the Legal Department
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive material with discretion
- Strong telephone etiquette and verbal and written communication skills are required
- The ability to work overtime may periodically be Hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Location: All Frontier locations [for external say – Ability to work remotely
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.