NOC III Specialist
NOC III Specialist
Job ID: 5288
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Tier II Technical Support, Transport
Responsible for providing 7/24 Tier II technical support on transport technologies monitored by the Network Operations Centers and maintained
by Region Technicians. These technologies include but are not limited to SONET, DWDM, ROADM, Digital Cross-Connect (DCS), multiplexer, channel bank, network timing (BITS), DLC, and Packet Optical equipment. The Specialist is responsible for directing service incident restorations and engaging vendor support as required.
• Provide remote technical support to Network Operations Center Specialists and Region Operations Technicians.
• Direct transport network outage restorations and engage necessary resources to minimize impact.
• Provide technical assistance for First Office Applications (FOA).
• Provide technical assistance with incident review and outage analysis requests to determine root cause and future prevention.
• Provide technical assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions.
• Provide remote or on-site technical training to peers, NOC teams, and or Region Operations Technicians and publish support bulletins/job
• Manage transport network element software levels.
• Minimum 5 years telephony network provisioning/maintenance, installation and repair experience required.
• BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Working experience in central office maintenance, central office equipment installation, network engineering, network provisioning and
or Tier I technical support working with numerous transport network technologies including but not limited to Tellabs DCS, Tellabs 7100
ROADM, Ciena (Nortel) SONET, Fujitsu SONET, EMS, DLC, MUX, Symmetricom timing (BITS), and Alcatel Litespan.
• Able to work flexible hours and be a part of an on-call rotation for off-hour/weekend support.
• Ability to handle and prioritize outage and network issues efficiently and effectively.
• Able to think and react appropriately to network outages, make necessary provisions to ensure the least impact on our customers during
network down situations.
• Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organization skills.
• Ability to document and articulate technical recommendations to a variety of audiences and skill levels.
• Self-motivated, innovative problem solver capable of working independently.
• Skilled in the operation of personal computers and accessing a variety of remote computer systems.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.