Bridgeport, WV • Charleston, WV
Job ID: 6260
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Network Engineer – Transport
Mission: To design and manage a standard and reliable transport network that supports current and future products and services for our customers.
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Network Engineer for this posting is to understand and design network elements providing transport services within the Frontier network. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on intra- and inter-state designs for implementation. They will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in-service. They will also be required to understand circuit design and routing through this equipment and will be expected to understand and work in the systems used for this purpose (M6-Varasset).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detail network design elements:
- Order creation and processing
- Issue project to maintain port capacity Metro-E
- Issue Congestion Relief projects to minimize customer impact
- Support M6 COEREV and COEBLD queues
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
- Issue work orders to support:
- NGB/BRAS migrations of DSLAMs
- OLT migrations
- BPON to GPON grooming
Working Knowledge of:
- Metro-Ethernet design and terminology
- DWDM and ROADM networks
- SONET Networks
- Ethernet NIDs
- Operations in a telecommunications environment
Specifications: Individuals filling this position must be able to work well under pressure, handle stress and be willing to work independently. Preferred qualifications:
- Working knowledge of ring topologies (point-to-point, linear chain, add drop, BLSR, UPSR).
- Understanding of Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria.
- Experience with project estimation and general accounting guidelines in a telecom environment
Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.