Mgr, Network Operations
Mgr, Network Operations
Fort Wayne, IN
Job ID: 5807
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The closing manager is responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of 8 – 13 project closers.
This team is primarily responsible reconciling charges on engineering projects, identifying company assets and financially closing project. This includes verification of project charges, original project engineering and final constructions placements. The centralized closing team works closely with asset accounting to ensure project charges align with accounting guidelines. Project closing is critical for the creation of company assets and for reducing the amount of open CWIP dollars.
A successful candidate for this position must be comfortable working with our internal business partners, at all levels within the company. Other business partners include accounts payable, procurement, asset accounting, capital management, engineering, construction and OPCEN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership
- Mentor team members and business partners
- Resolve complex issues that prevent project closing
- Standardize practices & procedures
- Monitor and report on team performance
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.S in business, accounting or related field preferred
- 2-5 yrs experience leading a team
- 2-5 yrs accounts payable/accounts receivable or accounting experience
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Strong knowledge of Varasset and Infinium
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Basic telephony engineering and/or construction concepts
ESSENTIAL WORK TRAITS & SKILL
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to teach new and experienced project closers
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and orally with upper management and all internal business partners
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team’s focus and vision
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.