Lead Developer (.NET/ASP/SQL Server)
Lead Developer (.NET/ASP/SQL Server)
Rochester, NY • Allen, TX
Job ID: 5432
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Lead Developer (.NET/ASP/SQL Server) - Job Description
Frontier Communications is seeking a Lead Developer. We are seeking a developer to lead a team of Microsoft technology focused web developers to build core web applications to streamline business processes. This developer will collaborate with stakeholders in the business and IT colleagues to define requirements, architect, design, implement, and test major components for this portal, using Microsoft .NET technologies. This agile team is focused on continuous site improvement based on evolving requirements, business needs, user feedback and site metrics.
This individual will work in all aspects of the software development lifecycle: define requirements, architect, design, implement, and test major components for this portal, using Microsoft .NET technologies. This agile team is focused on continuous site improvement based on evolving requirements, business needs, user feedback and site metrics.
- Architect, design, develop and implement components within applications
- Lead and collaborate with the team to develop and evolve a very intuitive User Experience, incorporating input from colleagues, site metrics, and user feedback
- Identify and investigate key requirements, solutions, and technologies
- Work closely with architects and developers from Frontier's infrastructure IT teams to integrate customer-facing web sites with Frontier's enterprise systems
- Provide technical assistance with troubleshooting reports/cubes by responding to inquiries and questions
- Conform to Frontier's SLDC policy.
- Meet all project deadlines and keep within + / - 10% of all project estimates.
- Responsible for production support for the team's applications.
- Deliver software of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail, clever use of automated testing, and thorough unit/system testing
- Deliver components on aggressive schedules
- Collaborate with other members of the product development team throughout the development lifecycle
- Lead and mentor other developers on the team
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, 2+ years in a lead role
- 7+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server, including SSIS and SSRS
- 5+ years developing in ASP.NET / C#.NET
- Skilled in database design, SQL, stored procedures, query performance analysis, and query optimization
- Background in Web Services and related technologies (XML, JSON, SOAP, RESTful)
- Experience working in N-Tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) and with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Strong ability to develop and analyze requirements and to architect, design, and implement high-quality software solutions to meet those requirements
- Solid object-oriented design, programming, and debugging skills
- Proficient in leveraging development tools - source code mgmt, IDEs, and debuggers
- Proven track record for project delivery
- Highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in site scalability, performance analysis, and optimization
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with ColdFusion is a plus
- Angular and Apigee experience are a plus
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.