IT Technical Analyst
IT Technical Analyst
Allen, TX • Everett, WA
Job ID: 5435
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
As a Frontier Technical Analyst, you will play an instrumental role in transforming Frontier’s current software delivery process to align with more Agile ways of working. If you are an individual that is team-oriented, collaborative, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and are focused on meeting the needs of the business and our customers with customer-centric software products, then this is the perfect role for you.
This position requires a quick-learner who holds themselves accountable to not only learning the technical implementation of the product, but also learning the underlying current and to-be processes of said product. If you’re skilled at analyzing requirements, assessing impacts to the software based on requirements, driving solutions, and rallying teams to continuously move the product forward, then you will be a great fit for this position.
The perfect candidate will have a blend of Waterfall and Agile experience, business skills and experience that enable them to facilitate technical discussions and design sessions with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams to drive measurable results. This role will require impeccable organizational, time management, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Under direct supervision, provide professional-level support in routine to moderately complex areas such as systems analysis to implement and support software products.
- Resolve routine to moderately complex problems.
- Serve as a technical resource to users, stakeholders, and delivery teams in requirements elicitation and documentation processes.
- Assist in the design, review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to software development of existing or new software products.
- Gathers and documents facts and data to be used in the review of technical implementation proposals or design documentation which consist of objectives, scope, and user expectations.
- Assists in the development of and provides technical direction to users, stakeholders, and delivery teams as it relates to supported software products.
- Support small to large-scale research and development initiatives and/or projects involving the implementation of new technologies and products.
- Evaluate and test new or modified software products and software development procedures to verify that applications function according to requirements and conform to established guidelines and best practices.
- Analyze and solve problems of routine complexity on software applications (mobile and web) for users and other pertinent stakeholders.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems; participate in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Quickly learn the existing application and begin enhancing it Design, test, and build applications utilizing hardware, database, and programming technologies
- Analyze, refine, and transform data into usable formats for application creation and reporting Maintain documentation of application development (architecture, design, and user guide)
- Understand complex integration layers between Frontier systems Engage directly with users to gain understanding of business processes to improve application effectiveness.
- Become an expert on the ordering process and integrations with billing, provisioning, scheduling, and dispatch systems.
- Provide technical training and support to other departments for applications we support
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical instructions Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Engage with development teams in Agile ceremonies and practices.
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Able to manage projects, this includes interaction with internal/external customers.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Minimum three years of work experience
Required Software Skills
- Office Tools: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows Server 2008
- Client/Web Skills: SOAP UI, API Testing Source Control
- Team Foundation Server or equivalent experience
- Web Services: RESTful, SOAP, XML/JSON SDLC:
- Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall Desired
- Operating Systems: Windows
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres, NoSQL
- Visual Studio
- The person should also possess the following traits
- Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Able to work with and refine loose business requirements
- Have a "customer-service first" orientation
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.