IT Manager, Digital (Mobile, SMS, Dot.com, eCommerce)
IT Manager, Digital (Mobile, SMS, Dot.com, eCommerce)
Job ID: 5303
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier is looking for an Information Technology Manager with mobile, SMS, Dot.com and/or eCommerce experience leading IT Business and/or Technical Analysts to join our Digital team. We are looking for an individual that is team oriented, collaborative, able to work in a fast-paced environment and is focused on meeting the needs our business. A successful candidate will be innovative and strategic thinker.
The Information Technology Manager will need a blend of agile leadership experience, technical and business skills and experience that enables them to lead, support and guide Analysts in the IT Digital value stream. This role will require impeccable organizational, time management, and communication skills, both oral and written.Candidate Profile
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for leading a team of Analysts who capture, analyze, and refine business and technical requirements. He/She will serve as a liaison between IT and business teams and will find ways to increase productivity and efficiency. He/She will build and oversee requirement gathering, refinement, managing the sequence, and delivering the IT Digital roadmap.
This role involves monitoring the progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving issues, and recommending actions and provides regular updates on deliverable timelines and project status. This role also entails ensuring that the teams are trained and are able to effectively and consistently use supporting application life cycle management tools.
He/She also require critical thinking and analytical abilities, exceptional communication skills,strong leadership and collaborative skills, as well as project delivery and management skills to perform their job successfully.
This position reports to the Sr. Technology Manager over the IT Digital Value Stream.Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to the IT Business and Technical Analysts on implementation of our IT Digital roadmap.
- Provides guidance with capturing, refining, prioritization, and maintaining the digital work stream backlog, including definition of features, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Provides leadership in progressing projects through the software lifecycle.
- Coach, mentor, and drive the team to be their best individually as well contribute optimally to group projects, and complete projects within required time frames
- Support an Agile software development process, working in conjunction with end users, stakeholders, technical delivery teams, program management and external partners
- Work directly with development teams and product managers to ensure we are building the right features and products, executing our roadmap and release plans.
- Continuous and transparent communication with our stakeholders and senior leadership on the prioritization of the work stream backlog and the status of development efforts via product demos, release plans and other means.
- Define, prioritize, and drive realization of our digital product vision and strategy.
- Handle business and project issues proactively and escalates appropriately.
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders and their respective requests
- Work collaboratively to assist in the design and implementation of analysis to answer challenging business and technical questions
- Provide input to product managers & leadership for necessary changes or product backlog items coming out of development that need to be considered on our future roadmap
- Manage multiple teams, projects, priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication at the same time
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily standup meetings, refinement sessions, sprint reviews and retrospective meetings
- Follows established procedures and recommend changes to improve process
- Bachelors’ degree or 3-5 years of experience as a Technology Manager
- Experience leading IT Business or Technical Analysts focused on digital applications
- At least 3-5 years' experience either writing or providing guidance on requirement capturing. Ie. epics, user stores and acceptance criteria
- Experience prioritizing and managing team roadmaps and backlogs
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principals
- Experience working with onshore, nearshore and offshore teams
- Experience JIRA and Confluence
- Experience or knowledge working with Azure or Sitecore a plus
- CSPO or CSM (Agile Certified) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (listening too) - from talking to developers, business and senior leadership
- Excellent technical support documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Ability to work independently and in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in defining solutions and leading large programs
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry
- Previous experience with development, integration, and implementation of Digital applications.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.