Internal Network Administrator
Internal Network Administrator
Fort Wayne, IN
Job ID: 6953
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Financial closing of projects to identifying major material assets
- Process vendor invoices according to corporate accounting guidelines and Company Policy
- Research and investigate roadblocks preventing processing invoice or closing tasks
- Validate adherence to the accounting asset guidelines and communicate exceptions for review
- Update Varasset so all cross-functional teams are aware of project and/or invoice status
- Create, review, and monitor Blanket Purchase Orders and spending trends
- Create reporting to manage closing eligibility, errors and other data requirements as needed
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors by assisting with invoicing and payment inquires
- Work with internal business partners to identify and resolve errors and roadblocks preventing completion of tasks
- Work cross-functionally to meet goals and targets
- 2-3 years of invoicing, accounts payable or accounts receivable experience
- Strong PC Skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- The ability to prioritize daily, weekly, or monthly tasks as well as handle multiple projects at once.
- Must be self-motivated and can work well with others
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have ability to work extended hours as required to support the business
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software
- Verbal and written communicating skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Knowledge of central office engineering, outside plant engineering, construction, and installation
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferable, but not required
- Competencies: Verbal and written communicating skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking. Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles and reporting of financial data. Basic knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
Prolonged periods of sitting and typing, occasional bending, kneeling, crouching, or reaching. Operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination. Ability to use written and verbal communication to exchange information.
Ability to work some overtime.
Exercising sound and independent judgement within established guidelines for invoice processing. Manage daily work assignments in a way that allows for top performance and efficiency. Communications with vendors and internal business partners to resolve roadblocks preventing invoice payment. Reviewing and correcting easily identifiable General Ledger errors according to corporate accounting guidelines and departmental policy. Review and submission of new Blanket Purchase Orders.
Determining closing roadblocks, best corrective measures including escalation and determining how to best financially close the project. The team provides input for some process/procedures including best practices. Managing daily and monthly work to ensure top productivity and efficiency.
Corrections to the General Ledger and Work Orders outside of the approved guidelines must be referred to the invoice approver. Invoicing Manager must be immediately notified of any vendor escalations.
Unprecedented projects with abnormal criteria which create closing issues and will require higher investigation/approvals from management. Management would assist with closing issues that are out of the everyday realm. The closing team does not determine if project charges should go to the expense budget without prior determination from either management, project owners, OPCEN (no major material) or engineering.
New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation).
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.