Emergency Power Technician
Emergency Power Technician
Job ID: 4706
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Emergency Power Tech (CT107)
Department/Bureau Select: D
Residency Description: 28 Months
Salary Grade: WO Min: $1078.10 Max: $3806.72 Effective Date: 10/18/2020
Spec Date: 10/19/1998
Job Family: Network Services
Location Information: Hamden, CTI. General Duties:
Duties general include but are not limited to the following:
- Inspects, services, repairs and maintains alternating currency (AC) generator equipment.
- Transports (AC) generators and supporting equipment.
- Repairs automatic (AC) switch gear.
- Inspects, maintains, and modifies dehumidifying air compressor units.
- Analyzes unexplained failures of (AC) diesel and turbine driven generators, (AC) switchgear dehumidifying air compressor equipment.
- Fabricates upgrades to (AC) generators, (AC) switchgear and dehumidifying air compressor.
- Formulates diagnostic reports and prepares inspection forms.
Successful completion of two year electrical/electronic training from a certified or accredited post- secondary school, includes Associate Degree in Tele communications from PACE University or four-year experience gas turbine engine training, or four years of experience diesel engine mechanic, or four years of experience gasoline engine mechanic, or four years of experience generator mechanic.
Candidates for this position are required to provide official verification of educational (transcripts, certifications, licenses, or military records).
Candidates must submit the required documentation with Transfer Request.
- Telephone Ability Battery Test (TAB)
- Keyboarding Skills Test (KST Level 2)
- Further medical screening may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Satisfactory performance rating in present job.
- Satisfactory attendance record in present job.
- Company Driving Certificate required.
- Class 101 license required.
- 40 hours per week, 8 hours day, generally scheduled between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, ½ to 1 hour lunch period.
- Subject to emergency call-outs.
- Overtime as required.
Satisfactory job-related performance in the following:
- Building Mechanic
- Motor Equipment Inspector-Maintainer
- Motor Equipment Inspector-Maintainer-Staff
- On This Job
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Formal and on the job training as required.
- Subject to oil, grease, fumes, dirt, acid, high voltage, varying weather conditions.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.