Data Scientist I
Data Scientist I
Norwalk, CT • Irving, TX
Job ID: 5310
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Successful candidate will be a key contributor to driving Frontier's predictive analytics capabilities and leveraging quantitative insights throughout the company. Junior Data Scientist will be responsible for a broad range of analytics driven insights including developing and enhancing customer segmentation for sales and marketing, churn forecasting and propensity modeling, customer profitability and lifetime value analysis, and response modeling across B2B and B2C domains. Work with and analyze complex data from various sources. Manipulate large data sets and navigate a variety of servers, data types, and data structures to complete statistical and other analyses
- Develop predictive and descriptive models using advanced procedures like statistical modeling, linear regression, survival, and Bayesian analyses. Knowledge of some/all of the following techniques: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bootstrap Aggregation, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis.
- Use a suite of analytical tools including Python, R, and SAS to build, implement, and regularly monitor the effectiveness of predictive models.
- Perform statistical data analysis and build forecasting and optimization models
- Partnering with business analysts to gather requirements and translate to actionable scenarios and models
- Work with various functions to document and communicate results of analyses, present work in clean, structured formats
- An advanced degree, or directly relevant experience in a quantitative discipline, such as operations research, econometrics, or statistics
- Experience developing and implementing statistical models
- 2+ years of experience with a statistical analysis tool like Python, R, and SAS
- This role will rely heavily on programming experience in Python and R
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
- Experience using survival techniques/models
- Experience using SQL in a RDBMS environment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Experience with tools and methodologies specific to big data
- Familiarity with relational databases, such as MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience with Alteryx suite of applications, including Designer, Server, and Gallery
- Knowledge of 3rd party demographic (Claritas) or firmographic (D&B) information sources
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.