Job ID: 5023
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Auto Messenger (CT103)
Department/Bureau Select: B
Residency Description: 16 Months
Salary Grade: WF Min: $660.10 Max: $2331.02 Effective Date: 10/18/2020
Spec Date: 08/01/2005
Job Family: Ground Fleet
Location Information: Wallingford, CT
I. General Duties
Duties general include but are not limited to the following:
- Drives a panel truck delivering and picking up mail and freight at Company and non-Company locations.
- Handles cartons weighting up to 100 lbs.
- Maintains prompt, accurate delivery schedules of urgent work orders, important/sensitive documents, negotiable securities in the form of bank receipts and coin cases, computer tapes (billing) and expensive equipment
- Works in Mail Service Center on part-time basis sorting mail and operating postage machine.
- Delivers Mail and freight through Company and non-Company locations.
- Operates a compact hand –help computer.
- Works on loading dock on a part-time basic to stage in-coming and out-going freight.
- Operates Tow-motor equipment (electric-walkies and forklifts)
- Works with other Auto Messengers.
II. Basic Qualifications:
Past Experience: None
- Further medical screening may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
Performance/Attendance: (Applicable to all transfers):
- Satisfactory performance rating in present job.
- Satisfactory attendance record in present job.
- Company driving certificate required; includes van driving.
- 40 hours per week. Must be able to work a day, evening, or night tours; overtime; emergency callouts, weekends and holidays as required. Both nights and days rotate each week. Subject to work on holiday.
- Overtime – requirement will vary with assignment.
III. Additional Factors:
Satisfactory job-related performance in the following:
- On This Job
- High School Degree or equivalent
- On-the-job instruction as required.
- Spend considerable amount of time standing/walking and in company vehicles.
- Exposed to all types of weather conditions.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.