Associate Network Engineer
Associate Network Engineer
Job ID: 6461
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
This position is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Entry Level skill set of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to Copper/Fiber: cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements.
This position is required to manage volume of work to meet customer commitments, departmental responsibilities, and manage/provide resolution engineering service order fall out. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities.
This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
Specific requirements of the position include:
- Learn Engineering design for outside plant
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes
- Learn to coordinate with all utilities for project design and construction to utilize joint trench
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates
- Attend preconstruction meetings for project designs
- Apply for all permits as required (State, DNR, City, County, Townships)
- Learn to maintain and investigate ROW’s and easements for releases
- Attend weekly construction meetings ·Prepare project justifications for approvals
- Learn to prepare loop studies as needed
- Learn to prepare cost estimates for BDT’s
- Respond to DOR’s as needed
- Prepare facility maps for locate mapping requests as needed
- Update records according to As-Builts
- Learn to Digitize land base into GIS system
- Learn to assist in annual budget design
Must have some knowledge of outside plant activities. Some knowledge of engineering tools to include the following, DPI, FROGS, Varasset, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and other related company software. Good organizational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in achieving desired results and are critical to the position. Must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of activity.
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent work experience, or a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange environment. Must be able to demonstrate some knowledge on outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities. Have a basic knowledge of telecommunications outside plant. Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals. Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.