Job ID: 4920
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
- Research and resolve customer billing disputes and inquiries for Interexchange Carriers, Competitive Local Exchange Carriers and Internet Service Providers
- Monitor accounts receivables and initiate collection activity as required
- Process billing corrections when appropriate to resolve billing discrepancies
- Lead dispute resolution as required, involving Legal, Contract Compliance to negotiate closure of contentious disputes impacting receivables
- Timely and consistent collection of receivables for Interexchange and Competitive Local Exchange Carriers, Regional Telephone Companies and Internet Service Providers.
- Interacting with internal and external customers and will be heavily involved with resolving customer issues preventing payment.
- Entering and tracking customer billing disputes and inquiries and ensuring they are reviewed and approved, or denied in a timely manner.
- This entails reading and interpreting contracts, tariffs and the interstate service guide to understand how various rates and services are applied to billing.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- This position will also be responsible for maintaining or improving Days Sales Outstanding numbers and achieving assigned cash collection targets.
- The Collections Advisor will be required to work both independently, and as a member of a team.
- To be successful in this position, the individual must have strong analytical, organizational, time-management, and collections skills.
- Manage a specific customer set by providing excellent customer service while also minimizing bad debt
- Contact customers on past due amounts, obtain commitments for payment while working with the customer on billing disputes with the assistance of Sales, Legal and Regulatory as required.
- Responsible for pro-actively contacting and collecting past due balances.
- Reconcile payments and complete account research.
- Interact with account teams and various internal departments.
- Maintain accounts in accordance with company and departmental policies.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in order to resolve receivable and billing issues.
- Create various reports as needed.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Above average skills in Excel, Access and MS Word
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and tariffs
- Positive attitude
- Must be flexible due to the ever changing demands in the workplace
High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years of collections experience, billing or provisioning experience, preferably in Telecommunications.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of CABS, DPI, M6 and VFO.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.